- 2 ½ pounds of whole chicken or turkey (bones, organs, skin and all)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- ½ cup coarsely chopped sweet potato
- ½ cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- ½ cup coarsely chopped yellow squash
- ½ cup coarsely chopped green beans
- ½ cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon Kelp powder
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 11-16 cups water
For dogs only add:
- 8 ounces whole barley
- 6 ounces rolled oats
- Increase the water content to cover the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients in a 10 quart stockpot, with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. Remove from heat, let cool, and debone the chicken. Use an electric hand mixer or food processor to puree the food, working in batches. Cats like the stew soupier, so feel free to add a little water at the end. Store meal-size portions in resealable plastic bags or yogurt containers. Refrigerate what you’ll need for 3 days and freeze the rest.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please don't hesitate to call us today at (603) 667-6800!